Monday, March 22, 2010

The Mind is a Powerful Tool

THE MIND IS A POWERFUL TOOL

Saturday, March 20, 2010
By Sherry Swiney

The mind is a very powerful tool that we’ve been given. Now we just have to learn to use it.

For me it’s like learning the proper way to use hand tools like hammers, chain saws, adz, pick, axe, and splitting mall so you don’t hurt yourself or wear yourself out. I had a wonderful and experienced carpenter explain to me once, “Stop putting all your muscle into it and let the tool’s weight do the work for you.”

Wow! What a wonderful difference that made! After getting the hang of letting the tool’s weight do the work for me, I was able to get so much more done with so much less physical effort.

I think the mind tool we have works the same way. In other words, stop putting so much muscle into mind activities and let your mind tool’s capabilities (weight) do the work for you.

And just what are the mind tool’s capabilities? My answer is that it has limitless capabilities. It always has had these capabilities, only we didn’t know that. We didn’t know about the mind tool we’ve been given. We certainly didn’t know how to use this tool. Yet this tool was being used on an unconscious level and we didn’t know that.

I learned something quite helpful at The Monroe Institute about ways that help open the mind. Ways to make you a conscious being so you can learn to use your mind tool consciously. I think the mind tool works similarly to using hand tools. If you use them unconsciously you are going to get hurt. But if you use them consciously, you do not get hurt and you accomplish more with less effort.

The helpful tip offered by The Monroe Institute is to imagine a large “Energy Box”. Make it look like anything that suits your style. This is a temporary storage place that you can access any time you wish. For the exercise of Clearing the Mind to become Conscious, imagine the energy box and then symbolically place everything you have been holding in your mind that has ever caused you any discomfort, worry, fear or pain. You can go get all that back after the exercise if you wish.

The exercise to open the mind to become conscious is easy. You can do it when you go to bed at night. Get comfortable in bed then take a deep breath and breathe out like you are blowing out a candle.

Do this 2-3 times and each time you blow out the candle, think “body asleep; mind awake”. Go to sleep thinking that thought and see what happens. It may take a few nights before you are able to place all your “stuff” inside the Energy Box so that there are no intruding energies during the new “body asleep; mind awake” process you are introducing to your Mind.

The Monroe Institute (TMI) uses Hemi-Sync technology that helps a person get to the “body asleep; mind awake” state of consciousness. For those who may never be able to attend TMI, I want you to know that I think you can teach yourself to do this anyway – but it will take practice, dedication and the will to become a conscious being so you are able to use your mind tool consciously from now on.

So many religions blame God for disasters that happen to people. Indeed we were given a mind tool with Perfect Capabilities that are activated by Intent which is activated by Belief. What we do with this mind tool gift is up to us, not God.

The mind is so very powerful. The mind we may think of as our individual mind is not the whole story. That which we think is ours is connected to the Whole – the whole of the universe (and perhaps beyond). This has been called Universal Mind, of which we are a part. The only thing that truly exists is well-being. Everything else is a fabrication of our unconscious mind, where we are using our mind tools unconsciously and thus creating concepts of fear of the unknown, fear of death, fear of time – heck! Fear of everything!

I know. I used to be one of the unconscious ones…one of the sleepers as it were. But something always happened to shock me into more and more wakefulness when I needed it the most. I didn’t do that; our Loving Source reacted to my intent to find out who I am – so every time I got on a stubborn streak of one level of ego or another, the ole cosmic 2x4 would smack me around just enough to open my mind a bit more than before.

It worked for me even though – in retrospect – it was a hard way to go.

I guess I just figure that if I can get to this place of understanding (albeit, this is just scratching the surface), anyone can. When we all begin living consciously, the world will be such a nicer place for everyone to live.

Please visit
www.patrickcrusade.org to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment