Friday, September 2, 2011

Good ol' Spikey and Beary


These are my two dogs. In 1997, Just after purchasing some awesome
property at the corner of the Etowah River and Lake Allatoona, I was
driving down a logging road to the property and noticed two black
something or others running across the road. I jumped out of my
truck and followed them through the woods. All of sudden I heard
the sound of a puppy crying and I got to her and she was trapped
behind a big log. I looked on ahead and there was the mother, just
running on through the woods. I helped the puppy over the log
and off she went chasing after her mom. That night I began to worry
how this wild dog probably had as many as six puppies and only
one was still alive. So I put out food and water and after several
weeks I was able to capture this little puppy and I called her beary
because, just catching them out of the corner of my eye,
I thought it may have been a little black bear
running across the road.

About a year later Beary had some puppies from another
wild dog and I kept one male and my stepson, Joey, named
him Spikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment