Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My first motorized machine!!!

This was my first real ride! You may have heard of the brand Fox (karts) and most of you know the brand "Go Kart". But did you know that after the Go Kart Mfg Co. went belly up in late '62, that Fox bought the "Go Kart" name and logo? This Fox "Go Kart" Model 2100 dates to approx 1963. When my dad and a neighbor cranked this baby up on Christmas day they were attempting to set the governor and the go kart took off with me in it. My father dove for me and grabbed the back axel but couldn't hold on. I went about 50 feet and hit the brakes and came to a stop. My father tore most of the tendons and ligaments in his shoulder and it took him a long time to recover. I went on to have some fun times on this machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment