Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yamaha 250 MX 1972

This is my Yamaha 250 mx...it was a fast bike and it had a crazy touchy band that would kick in really fast. The transmission went out because it was faulty and I repaired it myself...only because Yamaha would not recall them and screwed everyone over!! The shocks on this bike really sucked!!! One time I was trying to catch a friend on a new road that was still gravel. I hit a big hump in the road from where they had dug a ditch and then filled it back in...I went on the front wheel for around a hundred yards and then crashed and burned. The bike flipped over and over and my body rolled and flipped down the gravel road. I was beat up pretty bad and my back had some bad scrapes in it and one big gash from the new curb that had recently been installed. The scars are still there some 36 years later! I was pretty fast on this bike and one time I out-ran some rider on the Steeple Chase Track in Roswell, Georgia. It turned out to be Hurricane Hanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment